Early Childhood Educator
Outdoor Experience Days Leader
- Instill a love of and respect for nature by providing play and place-based learning using hands-on, student-led activities
- Use provided curriculum materials to plan, prepare and carry out play/place based, student led, learning activities using natural items and the natural surroundings.
- Gather all necessary materials prior to the start of the session.
- Provide a safety site check each Friday prior to the arrival of students.
- Work with parents who will each volunteer to attend one day per term to provide classroom assistance.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Previous work in an outdoor setting is preferred, a love of the outdoors is essential. Commitment to continuing education and certification in outdoor settings is an asset (forest practitioner, outdoor educator, forestry, environmental studies etc).
- Ability to utilize the natural environment with outside the box thinking, flexibility and improvisation skills. An unwavering commitment to child-emergent, play-based learning is imperative.
- Experience teaching primary students in a multi-age setting, specifically experience working with small class sizes is preferred
- Knowledge of the BC Kindergarten and Grade 1 Integrated Resource Package, as well as the Ministry of Education’s curriculum focusing on core competencies and learning standards, would be an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, two references and your resume to Director@langleyforestschool.com before Wednesday, June 10, 2020.